As more and more people are becoming conscious about the conservation of the environment, one such huge leap can be made by way of switching to using environment-friendly energy and gadgets. LEDs (Light Emission Diodes) are one such invention with great potential that will completely change our light industry in a positive and fruitful manner. Making a switch to smart LEDs lights is the easiest way of taking our first step towards going green and saving our money too.
Some of the most prominent environmental benefits of using smart LEDs are:
- Low energy consumption: The smart LED lights consume between 60 to 80 percent less electricity/energy than the traditional incandescent, fluorescent and halogen options resulting in more illumination at a very low energy spend.
Smart LED lights can also be app-controlled to be turned off when not in use and dimmed or brightened based on time of day and amount of natural light available.
This is easily reflected in your electricity bill. Also, the bill is just a small part of it, the bigger picture benefits greatly from the energy savings. Just imagine if everyone makes the switch, how much can the world save on the whole.
- Low Carbon Emission: One of the biggest contributors to the carbon emission in the environment is the home lighting systems. This impact can be completely negated by switching to using smart LED lights, which emit almost negligible carbon into the atmosphere. The incandescent bulbs create as much as 4,500 lbs. of CO2 per year and CFLs create a little less than 1,051 lbs. of carbon emissions per year whereas the smart LED lights only create 451 lbs. of CO2 per year. The difference is vast in nature. It was found in a study, that replacing only one light bulb in every house with an LED bulb would reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 9 billion pounds.
- Chemical-free disposal: The smart LED lights are not only eco-friendly as far as usage is concerned, but also when it comes to the disposal of the bulb. The LED lights do not emit any nuclear or Sulfur dioxide waste and neither do they contain any toxic mercury like the fluorescent bulbs, therefore, their disposal has no impact on landfills. The disposal of LEDs is safer for the environment.
- Cold Temperature Operation: LEDs love to remain cool, unlike their other counterparts which tend to heat up on consumption of energy. For the same reason, these smart LEDs don’t release any heat into the environment and contribute to curbing global warming. No extra energy is wasted in the heating process.
- No emission of Ultra-Violet rays: Unlike other traditional lamps, these smart LED lamps do not emit any ultraviolet rays. This makes it a healthier as well as safer source of lighting. They do not produce any infra-red lights, making them suitable for use in places where there are highly heat-sensitive materials.
While you may ask that the normal LED bulbs come with the same set of attributes and what is the point of investing in smart LEDs? Smart LED bulbs come with a control system, which gives you the option of either turning it off when not in use with the help of a timer or making it dim when you do not need full light. So, you won’t be wasting any extra energy when not required. They can also be used in conjunction with motion sensors for outdoor lighting so they turn on or off only when someone walks through. This ensures the availability of light when required and saving when not.
These LEDs are eco-friendly and hence can be easily made in use by as many organizations, schools, hospitals, etc. The only concern why this has not been achieved yet is the expensive price tag that may be intimidating at the outset.
Only if we look at this price as an investment, as one LED lasts way longer than the traditional bulbs, we would readily be able to make the switch towards a safer environment.
A simple switch to safeguard our future. The whole world is under this global shift towards adopting more and more sustainable means for a healthier future. Big organizations like Canon, CSC IT services, etc. follow principles of sustainability where they have already made remarkable changes for achieving sustainability in their organization, which will overall contribute towards a better and healthier environment. Just something as simple as switching one light bulb can have a huge environmental impact. All we need to do is to make a switch towards a better future by embracing LEDs in our daily lives.
The smart LED lights come in various sizes, shapes, and colors, giving you options to choose the best suitable for your use. Do keep in mind to look for a LED lamp that is Energy Star Qualified for the best results. The LEDs are in their evolving phase, the reason why it is expensive at present. But with the advent of advanced technologies, it will soon become more efficient and less expensive. It will be easier to make that huge change on our way toward a safe future.