Every property deserves to have some kind of protection. Now that crime rates have gone up, you cannot expect the police to be visible all the time. It is impossible for them to be present everywhere too. Hiring some security personnel may be an option. However, that will mean additional expenses you will have to carry. Installing a closed-circuit television or CCTV may just be the solution. It may cost you, of course, but compared to maintaining a human security force, this may be a more prudent idea. But why should you install a CCTV in the first place? The following are the reasons why.
1. A CCTV discourages criminals from entering your premises to steal property. If they know that, there are cameras installed in places where they are most likely to hit, they will have to think twice before carrying out their criminal acts.
2. Even if they do continue to commit theft or any other crime, they will be caught on camera. Police investigations are sped up and the arrests of the perpetrators can be done quickly because of easy identification.
3. Having a CCTV camera inside offices may also help in creating discipline among the employees. For bosses, who want their presence felt so that efficiency at work is optimized, a camera hovering over the employees will give the same effect.
4. If a camera is placed on a production line, a manager can certainly find out the problem areas of the plant. Breakdowns in the system can be easily identified and repairs can be immediately implemented.
5. A company parking lot may also need CCTV. It lessens a load of security personnel in watching over a large number of cars. It may also help in managing the traffic.
6. A camera may be placed over a cash register. It is a fact that companies lose because of cashier theft. The use of CCTV will greatly prevent this possibility since it will discourage any cashier from committing such an act.
7. It may be placed in high-risk areas inside a factory. Such areas may include those in which fires can possibly break out. A camera in place there will lessen potential damages because emergency measures can be made immediately.
8. CCTV cameras installed in huge warehouses do not just prevent theft. It can also aid in monitoring the inventory of stocks.
9. Cameras may be placed in areas where accidents can happen. This is important so that life-saving measures can be employed promptly.
10. If CCTV is recorded, it can help in objectifying some issues. Criminals can be successfully prosecuted since their actions will all be recorded on tape, evidence that will surely be of use in court.